What makes a great team player?
There’s no “i” in team – we’ve all heard that before. It could be on the field, in the office, or within the family, being part of a team and contributing to something with others can be undeniably more rewarding than going it alone. But what makes a great team player and how do we get the most out of the collaborative situation?
Cricket Tots look at some of the things that make a great team player and what we encourage in our little cricketers.
1. Be communicative – It’s not just about talking clearly and confidently, but more so it’s about openly listening.
2. Be reliable – Team members depend on one another. Trust needs to exist in and amongst the team in order to achieve the best results.
3. Be flexible – You might not always know best. Take on board what other team members suggest. Be open to a different opinion or a way of doing things.
4. Be supportive – You’re all in this together so remember to show your compassionate side and to respect your fellow team members.
5. Be present – Get active in the conversation and take part, be engaged.
The most important thing to remember while working in a team is that everyone brings a different set of strengths and skills to the table, learning to understand that and play to each other’s strengths will ultimately lead to the most effective workings of your team. By teaching your children these skills from an early age, we’re giving them the very best opportunity we can to help the succeed in their friendships as they grow.
Have you booked your child onto a Cricket tots class yet? Get in touch for info. Email firstname.lastname@example.org or call us on 020 8357 0595